Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Getting Old & Forgetful

Three sisters, ages 92, 94 and 96, live in a house
together. One night the 96-year-old draws a bath. She puts
her foot in and pauses. She yells to the other sisters,
'Was I getting in or out of the bath?' The
94-year-old yells back, 'I don't know. I'll come
up and see.' She starts up the stairs and pauses
‘was I going up the stairs or down?' The 92-year-old was
sitting at the kitchen table having tea listening to her
sisters; she shakes her head and says, 'I sure hope I
never get that forgetful, knock on wood...' She then
yells, 'I'll come up and help both of you as soon as
I see who's at the door.'
  
 

Hope you like this little joke.  It reminded me of this morning when I was going to work.  When I got to the bus stop, I realized I had forgotten my hat.   That was not a big deal, but I had not combed out my hair, I still had curls in it, but I was not going back home to get it.  Then I realized I had forgotten my cell phone.  Well, I just could not go to work without my cell phone, so I went back home to get it (I picked up my hat too).  So what does that tell you?  We are technologically depended.  My thought was I needed my cell phone more than a hat (it was cold outside), since you cannot find a phone booth anywhere.  Well, I could have asked to use someone else’s phone.

My two best friends, Pat King and Charlene Marshall (my quilting buddies) know what I am talking about.  We always talk about how often we are forgetting something.

Well, I have finished quilting and squaring off my quilt block.  I have already cut out the binding and sleeve so all I have to do when I get home tomorrow is but them on and then I am finish.  Still have not cleaned off the cutting table yet, but I will soon.  Since we have a holiday coming up (MLK) I will have plenty of time to get the table cleaned off for my next project.

Have a bless day

The Slow Quilter  

3 comments:

  1. I love that joke! I didn't realize your blog was "up and running" ... or did you tell me and I forgot?? They're still renovating the house next to me and I'm constantly going to the door to see who the heck is banging on my door and don't they have sense enough to use the knocker! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that was funny! Can I post it on my blog? Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just meandering through your blog, read the panties one with picture excellent plus this one is so funny. Love your sense of humour. From downunder on a grey wintry day

    ReplyDelete