Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Quilting & Reading Not A Problem Is It?

I just got home from work, and before everyone comes in look for food (which I do not plan to cook), I thought I start my blog early so I can get downstairs and see what is wrong with my sewing machine so I can finish my Chevron Block and redo  the Wonky Pound Sign.

As I stated in my bio I love to read and sometimes this keeps me out of the sewing room, but I plan to work around this.

SAM_0669A friend at work gave me this book in a series that we are reading, this is before she got a Nook this Christmas, as you can see this is a very big book (I love my vampires), and I do not see myself lugging this around with me on the bus to read (before Kindle I did). I have already started to read it, put will save the read for when I go to bed tonight. I usually can finish a book this size in 4 days, my record is 2 (I’m cutting back).

SAM_0670I am also reading The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins on my Kindle (non-vampire), my friends Pat and Charlene suggest it and also the move will be coming out this summer. I will read this on the bus going to and coming home from work and even at work if work is slow so I should finish this by the end of the week. Book vs. Kindle which would you rather lug around with you.

SAM_0671I also got this book in the mail today that I ordered from Amazon.com, Casting Shadows by Colleen Wise. It is about creating visual dimension in your quilts. This book was $26.00 I got it for $14.98. I will skim through it tonight, carry it around with me and see if there is anything I want to try.

See, I am managing this well.  I know on my last post I was going to give you my views on the scant 1/4” seam, put I will do that tomorrow. 

It has only taken me less then 45 minutes to complete this post, I really love this Windows Live Writer, I am not waiting for my pictures to download.  So off I go to the sewing room.  It is 6:00 no one is home yet, so I will have no distractions.  My cut off time in the sewing room is at least by 10:00.  I have a DVR so all my shows will tape and I can watch them some other time (when they cut off the cable).

Reading & Quilting I am manging

The Slow Quilter

3 comments:

  1. You're reading about vampires before going to bed?? Brave lady, mwahhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hunger game is good. i am starting to read the second one of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I though the first Hunger Games book was good. I checked it out at the library. Was 49th in que to get it, had to wait a couple months. I'm 74th in the que to get the second book.

    ReplyDelete