Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Red & White, Too

Today is the day for the Red & White, Too quilt exhibit.  The quilt exhibit was inspired by Joana S. Rose’s Red and White Exhibit in New York, last year in New York.  Our R&W quilts are presented by Carolyn Burgess, know too us as Lady Scrapbag.  There are 30 quilt artists in this exhibit from UHURU Quilting Guild, Daughters of Dorcas and Wee Bee Quilters.  The exhibit will be held from February 6-24 at the Art Enables off Rhode Studio, 2204 Rhode Island Avenue, NE, DC.  The hours are M-F 9 am – 4 pm.  There will be a reception on Saturday, February 11, were you can meet the quilters.  So if you are in the area, please stop on by.

SAM_0661This is Lady Scrapbag (Carolyn Burgess).

SAM_0656SAM_0666

Hello:  There is Pat and Charlene my running buddies, and Nadine Mills.

SAM_0629SAM_0631SAM_0632SAM_0633SAM_0634SAM_0639

This is just some of the beautiful R&W quilts at the exhibit.  Could not post them all, and to tell you the truth, pictures just do not give them justice.  So hope to see you on Saturday.

Red & White all over

The Slow Quilter

2 comments:

  1. oooh, I wanna come play with y'all! You do fun stuff! Love the red and white quilts. I'm really loving the flower one on the bottom right. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't my son be surprised? "Hi baby, I just got a ticket to fly in from Tokyo. Nice to see you and by the way, can you run me over to the quilt show"? Those are all so nice. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete