Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Falling Behind–But Catching Up

I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Easter, now it is time to get back to work.  I feel like I am falling behind in getting anything completed, I am 3 blocks behind in my NYB, I still have not worked on  my BINGO card and I do have the picture quilt for a Mother’s Day gift for a friend.

Now the picture quilt I have been working on off an on trying to pick out the pictures that were given to me in my photo shop.  The tree I had traced it last month and tried to cut it with scissors, put that was not going to work.  I have been looking through everything I had for this cutting knife I know I have but could not find it.  I ended up leaving working early today to go to JoAnn to get another one, and yes I picked up 2 yards of Kona white fabric which was on sell.  See I was a good girl.

As usual I had to go to go to the grocery store, got home cooked dinner for today and tomorrow.  Been washing clothes since yesterday, my dryer is not drying my clothes, so I guess that is another think I will have to get fixed or buy another dryer.

So I did get started on cutting out the tree.  How do you like it?

SAM_0797SAM_0798

As you can see that scissors would not do for this, too many small pieces to get into.  This is call the Dancing Tree, by Bryerpatch Studio. This is a 18” tree silhouette.  One thing they do not say  is how to cut this thing out. it was more easier using this cutting knife which cut through the paper and fabric.  I used and old warped cutting mat so I would not cut up the table. 

SAM_0800SAM_0801

Tomorrow I will go through the pictures again to see what I will use and put that on the outside boarder.  I will take the tree into work tomorrow to see if she likes it before I start put the pictures to it.

At least I will not have to fix dinner tomorrow, they can just come in a eat.  I am still watching my grandson, but by 8:00 I through him in the bed.  I must likely will still be trying to dry the rest of my clothes, or I might have to run them down the street to my mama’s house.  Do not have time for the laundry mate.

So I will blog you soon.

The Slow Quilter.

3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on cutting out the tree. You are right, scissors would not have worked. Can't wait to see it finished with the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job cutting that tree out, I can see that it was super difficult and darn near impossible with scissors. The background fabric is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live the beautiful, curving lines in this tree. Great job pairing it with that rich background too!

    ReplyDelete