Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MAY 4 ME - FUNNY

As you know, for the May 4 Me Link, I had decided to sing a song every morning when I walk in the door to work.  I stared off sing Julie Andrews “Sound of Music” soundtrack.  By mid-day everyone is singing something and we break up the long day.  One of my co-workers, was sent to the hospital the weekend, but she is doing fine now.  Someone suggested to send her a Get Well Card that we all signed.  Another co-work decided to make a special card for her for, when I saw it, I almost fell out of my chair laughing.  I’m sure this will send her back to the hospital.

image  She imposed my head on Julie’s.  What a great May 4 Me moment.  I think if you click on the picture you might see it better.  Not sure since this is not a picture put a Adobe document.

May for Me

 

 

 

 

BREAK ON THE PHOTO QUILT

Great news, I have gotten an extension on the photo quilt.  My co-workers mother is going out of town on Mother’s Day and she will not be able to give the quilt to her until Monday, and she is going out of town Friday night, so I have the weekend to finish it up.  So tonight I will be looking through my stash to see what I will be using for a piece backing, and see how I will be quilting it.  I will most likely do stitch in the ditch, put would like to do something on the out side boards.  Since I have no experience in quilting other then lines, I might have to use the embroidery machine for a design.

The Hills Are Alive – Blog With You Tomorrow

The Slow Quilter

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing - you certainly are enjoying your May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* the card! You made me smile from ear to ear. :-)

    I'm so happy you got a break. I know the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! First, I love that you were all singing and second that then it inspired a card for your co worker! Cool! Definitely a happy day at work in May!

    Also great that you got extra time for making the quilt!

    Enjoy another day in May!

    ReplyDelete