Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Desperately Seeking Susan????

 

First I would like to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the blogging community.  Yes I am late with this.  Yes I have been MIA for awhile, you know how it can be sometime when family and life gets in the way.

desperately seeking susan

I am not really Desperately Seeking Susan (Madonna), although I am a Material Girl (get it).  O.K., o.k. that was not that funny.  I am Desperately Seeking The Slow Quilter (Felicia), me.

I have some how misplaced myself mentally.  I don’t know if I’m  “scratching my watch of winding my ass” (from 9 to 5 Dolly Parton) After cleaning up the sewing room and living room of all my quilt stuff I have not been able to get back into the swing of things.  I have been doing a lot of crocheting and teaching myself how to knit again.  I have been working on a sock.  That’s right a sock, just one, I am almost to the heel.  No picture yet, don’t want to stop writing this blog or I might not get back to it.

With the New Year coming in, and quilt meetings, I think I might just find myself again.  I already have a couple of challenges to look forward to and finishing up some of my UFOs.  Oh yah, I have a new grandbaby coming in February, so look at all the baby quilts and outfits I can make with all this fabric.

Just maybe, I will put on some Madonna tunes and Vogue through the house or roll around on the floor. (To self, no rolling around on floor, might not be able to get back up).  Ok talking to myself again, bad habits.

I also have been watching a lot of the ID and Forensic File channel on TV.  My sons think I am trying to get away with MURDER.  Like murdering them or their father.  Can't wait for that show to start (How To Get Away With Murder). 

Anyway, I might be getting my Groove back (must be since I keep coming up with all these movie names (How Stella Got Her Groove Back).

O.K. I will stop, need finish cooking dinner before I burn it.  So until I blog again, keep your seam rippers sharp, and your stitches 1/4 inch and I will blog with you later.

The Ever So Slow Quilter (Felicia)

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back Feesha, we missed your quilty blogging humor! Just one step, then another step - that's how we roll, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello my dear..
    love from south africa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where you were! Good to know all is well with you, and you are just taking a break, something we all need to do at some point. Congrats on the new grandbaby...that is such great news, and yes, you could be making all those really cute baby things, and you will, when you feel like it. Right now, I'm sewing kitchen accessories for the bridal shower of one of our granddaughters' and having a good time doing so. Lately it seems all I've been making are baby items for all the great granddaughters we've been having, so this is a nice change. lv2bquilting2@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bogged down too. Think it's known as SAD. One step st a time and one chuckle at a time. Thanks for supplying the chuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Felicia!!! Don't worry about the absence, we're still here :) I hope your holidays were filled with merry making, mine were! I am a child of the 80s so I "got" all of the references you used in your post and they made me smile. A good friend got a quilting machine last year so one of my goals is quilt 6 UFO quilt tops this year along with my regular quilting. If I do that it will be the most I have ever completed in a year. It is a stretch goal but hey, you only live once :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found Susan (Suze). I'm bogged down and I can't even get my crafting area in order to entice me back to my crafts. That new baby might just be the ticket to get you rolling, rolling, rolling. I belong to a widow's group where I am the youngest one in the group. Most of the ladies are in their 80's and much more active than I am. Through hearing what they do, one of the ladies has encouraged me to start knitting chemo and preemie hats instead of spending so much time on the Internet. She is in her 80's and knits preemie hats each evening to relax. She just announced Monday at our meeting that she is leaving our group so that she will have time to assist pastors in visiting shut-ins from our large church. It will probably require 8 hours per month as a commitment. She is quite a lady and makes me feel very inadequate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your post. I have been right there with you too! I think I need to get my sewjo on!

    ReplyDelete