Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

We Support You–Surviving the Fight

wesupportyou
It has been a long road to this final day of the “We Support You” blog hop. There have been many thoughtful creations and heartfelt stories of those who have suffered lost and survived cancer. There is always more that we all can do to support this deadly disease.

Before I get started I would like to thank  Madame Samm and Pat for a great hop.  They have brought all who have been following this hop more aware of cancer and the people it effects.   In other word they have put a face to it.





tracyangie1I am dedicating this blog and my quilt to a co-work and friend Tracy, better known by friends and family as TraciePositive. She always has a positive attitude even when things are not very bright. Surviving is her family’s motto. She wrote this piece for me.

Living with family/friends with Breast Cancer who have survived this BATTLE

My cousin/sister Angela Minor is a fighter, this year she will be a 6 year survivor.  When she told me she had this disease, it made me sick to my stomach and I don’t know why. I questioned GOD and he said to me that this is the devils work, but I am the HIGHEST HEALER and we are going to work this out together.  He did just that and removed the cancer and she is a survivor still standing strong.  My Aunt Barbara-Ann is also a fighter, this year it will be 4 years for her.  She has not complained, not one time, she took into consideration what the doctors told her she needed to do and did it. She told me that she and GOD had this, and if her niece Angie could go through this and fight and become a survivor she knew she could do the same thing, she is a fighter who survived this terrible disease.  Aunt Barbara-Ann’s daughter, Darlisa was diagnosed about 4 months ago.   She told the doctors, if my cousin and mother can beat this battle she knew it would not stop her.  She had surgery on Feb. 2, 2015 and is doing well.  Now, tell me I don’t have 3 STRONG WOMAN.  

GetAttachmentIn order to survive this disease called cancer you have to have a hell of a team. You got to have GOD, loving and caring family and friends to keep you fighting.  These three ladies had this team and much more. They had faith and they were determine to fight, they never gave up.






 
clip_image002There is so much we have done to support our love ones who have survived the battle of cancer and those who have lost the battle to this terrible disease.  We have done fish fries, block parties, bus trips and we even do the AVON walk for cancer every year.  So to show our support for the survivors and for the survivors that fought but lost the battle with cancer we went as far as creating our own logo/slogan. 
 
 
I thank you Tracie, for your most encouraging story of faith, family and courage. “We Support You”, and all of the families that might suffer from this most deadly disease.

 In my support to you and my second family, I dedicate this quilt to you. Stand Strong and Surviving.

Before I show you my unfinished quilt, I must tell you that I left my camera at work.  No one in this house has a camera but me.  So the pictures are a little crappie since I had to use my cell phone.  I tried to spruce them up with some editing, but crappie is crappie.  

bra2quilt

The bra pattern was created by Madame Samm and you can purchase The "We Support You" Friendship Quilt Pattern for $12.00 by emailing Madame Samm directly at madamesamm@me.com
Keep on Supporting this hop and visit with the other participants.
Feb 11th 

Keep on Supporting &  Quilting
The Slow Quilter (Felicia)


















48 comments:

  1. Strong women indeed! This post was so inspiring and touched me deeply. I love the fabric you chose for your bra and look forward to the "real" pictures. :-) Thanks for sharing the story and the quilt. Blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, make this quilt for my friend was a shard love for her and her family. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you are on your way to a beautiful quilt. Love that Bra. Look forward to seeing it when it is done. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bra quilt, lovely colors! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story with such a wonderful message. Love that your quilt reflects all the people in your life that have inspired you. Hugs, ~Cori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is such a sweet tribute to the strong women in your life. Wonderful logo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bra quilt looks lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks amazing, so far! I will be checking back to see your progress. Thank you for that inspirational story. Amazing women and an amazing quilt. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely quilt - all the pictures make it so special. You have done a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strong one has to be to fight and being positive is a huge help! I love you being so active, organizing so much and even having an own logo, you ladies really rock! Your quilt is going to be so nice and personal, thank you for sharing! Hugs from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt will be a beautiful, personal, tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is looking beautiful so far. Thank you for sharing such a positive uplifting story. It goes a long way towards helping others get through this to hear such happy outcomes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stories of courage in those women is so touching. Thank you for sharing positive stories of survival...I wish them all continued health! I love the bra quilt and it's twirly little spirals. So cute and beautiful! P.S. Your pictures weren't crappie. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do have an amazing family of survivors! Many prayers for continued good health and healing for all. Love your quilt.. It will be awesome once finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Felicia, Wow! what a family of faith, courage, and survival. Been there and got the T-shirts. It does take support. Thanks for letting your friend tell her story. It's obvious this family is also family to you. How wonderful! The quilt is amazing and will be a tremendous support. I love the fussy cutting on the bra! lol Thank you for deciding to join the hop and you did an amazing job in the short time on the schedule. Thanks for participating with an amazing story and quilt to inspire us all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What q great story Felicia!! Your quilt is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Felicia you have had some very strong women to inspire you and what a joy to see women who are willing to battle this dreaded disease! I love your bra fabric. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  18. A touching story, your quilt is going to be just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an inspiring story! Your quilt is going to be so special!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful words for such strong women. Prayers for all for healing and strength. Love the fussy cutting you did on your bra :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those ARE strong women and that will be a lovely tribute to their strength. Love the bra!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a beautiful tribute to some very strong women led by an even caring one...

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful story. Prayers to everyone. Your quilt is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your quilt is a story in itself, we have had so many great ideas on this hop this being one of them. Your support of this young lady is one to be admired.

    ReplyDelete
  25. SO many are affected by this horrible disease. Including myself. I have been Breast Cancer free for a little over a year now.. It seems to run in some families more than other's. Unfortunately my family is one affected. My grandmother, my sister and myself have al had Breast cancer and my niece has stage 3 Ovarian Cancer. Which can run on the same genes as the Breast cancer. I wish all your friends and family member's a long and healthy life.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amen sister! Your so right about having to have faith in God! Felicia, I just can't tell you how special your project is. I love memory quilts and this one, has memories that just can't compare. Wow, wow, wow, what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you sew very much for Supporting and hopping. Family and Friends will feel the Prayers and Healing Energy from this amazing hop and all those that Support finding a Cure. Your quilt will be filled with love and caring and it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful show of support, Felicia! Thank you for sharing your standing strong and surviving family story with us. I love the way you have personalized this quilt. The placement of the pretty fabric in the bra is sew uplifting. Thank you for sewing your support and joining in this hop ... <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very touching story, thank you. Your quilt and bra placement was perfect. You certainly had a great idea there.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You do have strong women and your quilt start is a perfect way to keep supporting them and encouraging them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful quilt and such courage from the women. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think what you have done is great. Can't wait to see your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very sweet. Loved that the bra straps made the Breast Cancer ribbon! I'm so glad that so many in your life have been able to survive and become an inspiration to others. My sister fought hard, too, but surviving was not to be. She died 10 years ago just after her 50th birthday. She had 2 young daughters, a caring and supportive husband, family and friends all praying for an end to the cancer but it was not to be. We all miss her and the emptiness never leaves. Support the cause and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  34. another wonderful show of support and love expressed in this lovely quilt
    thanks for showing your support with your talent
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  35. Now that I stopped laugh after viewing your fabric placement, I can tell you that quilt will be cherished! Now get it finished up. How neat

    ReplyDelete
  36. You show so much support and love. Your quilt is a perfect dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a lovely tribute. I love the fussy cutting you did on the cups. Thank you for being supportive

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your quilt is just going to be lovely. It is a great tribute to all the fighters. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love what you've created and know that it will be beautiful when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful tribute, beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for your support being a ten year survivor of BC I know the path and I appreciated all the wonderful people who helped a long the way. Your quilt and tribute are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What an amazing quilt for the amazingly strong women in your life. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  44. A lovely tribute...your quilt is just as amazing as these three strong women, you are as caring and supportive as they are strong!! Thank you for sharing your support...Pauline

    ReplyDelete